The Borg are coming!

Life as a bilateral cochlear implant recipient. If the topic is new to you, check out this background information on cochlear implants; while the article is somewhat dated (1998), it does cover a fair amount of history.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

My opinions are my own, unless they would get me into trouble; in that case I don't know whose they are.

Thursday, July 29, 2004

T-levels go down in the older ear

Went in today for a remapping for the new implant, and my audiologist also did a new mapping for the older implant. Surprisingly, even almost two years after the receiving the first one, my T-levels are still going down. T-levels --where T is for "threshold" measure the amount of electrical stimulation required to hear softest sounds at each electrode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home